Our Student Council is responsible for driving the strong student voice that exists at Oasis Academy Leesbrook. Made up of elected representatives from the student body the Council works as a team for the benefit of our academy and the community. We hope to get our student council involved in all areas of academy life, including:
- Listen to student views and share these at Council meetings for discussion
- Meet with the Principal and propose Council agreed ideas
- Meet with your Community's Learning Group Representatives
- Liaising with community partnerships including transition events with other schools
- Be involved with Academy activities
- Work with the local community
Each student gets the opportunity to nominate themselves for election to the Council, with encouragement from teachers and support staff within the academy. Students standing for election give an election speech to their Family Group and each student submits their vote. A winner is announced and a deputy appointed.
Our Student Council are a point of pride for our school, and we value their input and enthusiasm everyday. Joining the Council is a fantastic opportunity for students to gain confidence, make new friends and learn new skills.
Meet the Council 2019-20
Student Council will be reformed with new student elections during the first term of the year to include Year 7 Student Council members.
Meet the Council 2020-21
We are delighted to introduce you to the Student Council 2020-21:
Student Council Leaders:
Student Council Deputies: