Art & Design
“Every child is an artist.” (Pablo Picasso)
The Leesbrook Curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all students:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
Students will be taught:
- to use a range of techniques to record their observations in sketchbooks, journals and other media as a basis for exploring their ideas
- to use a range of techniques and media, including painting
- to increase their proficiency in the handling of different materials
- to analyse and evaluate their own work, and that of others, in order to strengthen the visual impact or applications of their work
- about the history of art, craft, design and architecture, including periods, styles and major movements from ancient times up to the present day.
Curriculum Plan for Art & Design
Please click here.
For Departmental Clubs that students can undertake that are relevant to Art & Design, click here.
Find us on Instagram: Leesbrookart
For ideas and inspiration
For information about artists the Tate is an excellent resource
For virtual tours of major galleries, along with extremely detailed close up reproductions of paintings
Should you have any questions about the Art and Design curriculum at Oasis Leesbrook please contact Mrs Slater, Curriculum Leader for Art & Technology.