Design & Technology
"It's actually a rare and precious thing to discover what it is you love to do, and I encourage you to remain unapologetically consumed by it. Be faithful to your gift and very confident in its value." ~ (Jonathan Ive, designer of the iPhone)
The Leesbrook Curriculum for Design and Technology gives all students the opportunity to:
- develop a broad range of skills in both practical and applied contexts
- reinforce and apply learning across a range of subjects, particularly Mathematics, Science and Art referring to a ‘real life’ scenario
- develop creative thinking and problem solving skills in design and manufacture
- teach life skills (particularly Food and Nutrition) – enabling our students to plan and cook healthy meals on a budget
- learn about the role of designers in developing innovative technology
Students will be taught:
- to develop skills in using a wide range of tools, equipment, materials and processes in Food, Resistant Materials, Textiles, Graphics and Electronics
- to research, design, manufacture and evaluate their work
- to construct 3-dimensional products using a range of materials
- to think and design creatively, and to manufacture with accuracy and precision
Curriculum Plan for Design & Technology
Please click here.
For Departmental Clubs that students can undertake that are relevant to Design and Technology, click here.
Find us on Instagram: designtechnologyleesbrook
A useful link for all areas of Design and Technology is:
Free 3D Design tools:
Free 2D Design tools:
Try Food recipes at home:
Should you have any questions about the Technology curriculum at Oasis Leesbrook please contact Mrs Slater, Curriculum Leader for Art & Technology.